If you are heading to Ballater for the Quilter Cheviot Etape Royale on Sunday 10th September, there is plenty of accommodation available locally: (http://www.visitballater.com/)
· Creag Meggan, - Double, Twin and Family available for 1 or both nights
· Braemar Youth Hostel (available for 2 nights)
· Rosegrove Guest House (available for 2 nights)
· Feughside Inn (available for 1 night or 2)
· Mapleview (available for 2 nights)
· Inchmarlo Self Catering (available for 1 or 2 nights)
· Glentorets B&B (available for 1 or 2 nights)
· Ballater Caravan Park (speak to Richard)
· Bonn-na-Coille Cottages
One of our cottages, Pine Tree in Ballater, is available from the Saturday and we would consider a one night or two night stay. We don’t have online booking so it is not showing up on availability searches. The cottage is 4* and is one-bedroomed with a king-size bed and single bed. It is non-smoking and no pets are allowed. Bonn-na-Coille Cottages, 8 Braemar Road, Ballater, AB35 5RL Tel. 01224 585500, 07580068392
· Habitat Hostel (Friday - 2 x superior room – each sleep 4 – 1 king bed and 1 bunk bed / 1 x 2 bedded room – sleeps 2 – 1 bunk bed / 6x individual bunks in shared mixed dorm.
Saturday - No availability
Sunday - 2 x superior room – each sleep 4 – 1 king bed and 1 bunk bed - 1
x 2 bedded room – sleeps 2 – 1 bunk bed - 8 x individual bunks in
shared mixed dorm)
· Mill Cottage is available that weekend.
They normally rent it out for half or full weeks but have kindly made
an exception for this event. For the (minimum) three nights Friday,
Saturday & Sunday the rate would be £600. The cottage has two twin
bedrooms and a 5th guest can sleep on the futon bed in the sitting room.
· Callater Lodge – Double and Family room on Saturday (nothing on Sunday)
· Lys na Greyne – full on Sat but 4 rooms on Sunday (including secure bike storage)
· Glenernan Bothy is currently available for the dates.Glenernan Bothy is a self-contained, one bedroom, self-catering cottage.
The Bothy sleeps 2, but only has one double bed. A folding guest bed
could be made available if required. The rate for Glenernan Bothy is
£100 per night, based on a two night stay, or a weekly rate of £480.
· The Lodge on the Loch (Aboyne) - 1 room left Saturday and 13 on Sunday night
· Wing of Dorevay - currently in the self contained Wing of the
house 4* s/c accommodation for two ie one double bed or if not wanting
to share, one ensuite bedroom in main house with inside access to the
Wing for kitchen etc. They can also offer locked accommodation for
bicycles and ample parking. It is currently available from Thursday
15/09 till 23/09. Prices vary according to length of stay; eg. £99 (exc.
electricity) for 3 nights in the Wing for two people.Because of
impaired hearing, please email enquiries.
· Cairngorm Lodges – a selection of rooms available
· Glascorrie House B & B has one room left for the Saturday and Sunday night. Contact Jan 01339754039
More accommodation, this time in Donside.
· Heughhead – 1 unit- email@example.com – call Mahri on 019756 51312
· Craig na Hullie – 2 units - firstname.lastname@example.org – Call 019756 51343
· Colquhonnie Hotel – multiple rooms available (book online)